17 April 2012

Damn I'm smart

Ran across a piece in Slashdot (via teh Puppy Blender ) about using gold for therapy.  Well, that just dusted off my old lab tech coat from a quarter century ago when I did hemotology. (BTW, thanks, Teddy K. for changing the rules and losing me one of my favorite lines of work)

I remembered a few cases of poikilocytosis, that's an abnormal morphology (odd shape) of the Red Blood Cells (RBCs),  It's associated with - - - wait for it, wait for it - - -the use of gold salts in treatment of arthritis.  
Damn I'm good.

And my Dad's so much better.

2 comments:

Angus McThag said...

There's such a thing as gold salts?

The mind boggles that someone would make such.

JC said...

Sure thing, McThag, and thanks for visiting. Here;s the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_salts