15 February 2010

Things Currently Pissing Me Off

The Post Office: Since my recent downscaling of residence at the first of the year I've received books and products from Amazon, a fiddle from Ebay (I only play it late at night when the neighbors are asleep, so that I don't bother them), and all of my bills and bank statements. But they can't deliver my eyeglasses. “Not deliverable as addressed” they say. I checked on the order, yep, my address. It's WRITTEN ON THE DAMN PACKAGE!

The Weather: Although it shows some signs of improvement.

Facebook: Which has allowed my Yahoo contacts list to be hijacked due to sloppy coding, and is also planning to make the ubiquitous social network a pay-to-play platform. (That's OK, the first taste is free).

Google: for the “Blast” dohickey, for which I have yet to find the “opt out”. All soi disant upgrades should be “opt in”.

My Damn Keyboard: The netbook was a great idea when I got it, but at the time I also had the box at work and old Viao laptop both running WinXP, plus another box running Linux. Now all I have is the netbook running Linux with a child's scale keyboard. I need to get that last glitch out of the Vaio (sys.beep error, or somesuch), or repossess my big Linux box from #2 son. The local ISP doesn't like Linux!

No comments: