16 November 2023

Friend

A friend of a friend told me about a person I might have known who was down on her luck. Living under a bridge with her dog and a bunch of meth users. Well, it turns out that we were friends back 30 years ago. I do what I can. Hold her hand going to find a women's shelter (she's been through a lot, none of it nice). Easiest way into a shelter is from a rehab (although she claims she's clean). (Rape and abuse are not the preferred entrees). Got her into a hospital, and then her ward was mptied to allow a group of drug addicted sexual predators in need of rehabilitation. With one white woman. Ball's back in my court. She can't stay there. And her dog misses her (I'm fostering the dog, right?). She's been there long enough to get her meds sraightened out.

No comments: